The Very Best in Tooth Replacement
Your teeth actually have two basic parts, a root and a crown, but most replacements only bring back the crown. While they can improve the look of the smile, they are usually much weaker compared to a real tooth, causing them to eventually fail. Dental implants, however, work by restoring both parts of a tooth, creating something that is the next best thing to nature. At Angel Smile Dental Care, our team can use this state-of-the-art solution to replace any number of missing teeth for a lifetime, helping patients regain their bite and confidence all at once.
Why Choose Angel Smile Dental Care for Dental Implants?
- Implant placement & restoration provided under one roof
- Restorations specially-made for each patient
- Flexible, low-to-no interest financing available
Benefits of Dental Implants
- A small titanium post is placed into the jawbone to replicate the root structure of a tooth, and this is what makes implants so special. Because the new teeth are anchored firmly within the strong bone, patients don’t have to worry about embarrassing slippage no matter what they eat.
- Compared to traditional dentures and bridges, implants have the most natural appearance of any treatment. Basically, only you and your dentist will know which teeth are implants!
- Implants help preserve the jawbone by stimulating blood flow to the area, saving a patient from developing the sunken appearance that’s often associated with advanced age and tooth loss.
Indications for Dental Implants
Dental implants can be designed to help patients dealing with a wide spectrum of tooth loss, and depending on your particular situation, our team will recommend one of the following restorative options:
Missing One Tooth
A single dental implant root can be positioned between two healthy teeth and topped with a custom-made, all-porcelain dental crown to instantly make the gap disappear. This is better compared to a regular bridge because it helps preserve the surrounding dental structure.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Dental implants can be used to secure a partial denture that replaces several nonconsecutive missing teeth, and just two implant roots can support a bridge that holds up to 3 prosthetic teeth in a row. Compared to their traditional counterparts, implant-retained prosthetics not only fit better but look better as well.
Missing All of Your Teeth
For patients dealing with extensive tooth loss, just 4-6 implants are all that’s needed to secure a full denture to the jawbone. And, for patients whose jawbones are too thin to support regular implants, our dental office can also provide mini-dental implants so even more people can benefit from this treatment.
Start to Finish Convenience
Normally, an implant patient would need to visit at least two different doctors to have the treatment completed: an oral surgeon to place the new roots, and a dentist to get their replacement teeth. At Angel Smile Dental Care, however, we’re able to do everything right here in our Mt. Prospect dental office. This all-inclusive approach helps our patients save time, money, and stress so they are able to rebuild their smiles as quickly and effectively as possible.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
It’s important to know that there is no fixed price for dental implants because every procedure is different based on a patient's specific needs. A patient receiving one implant will likely pay less than someone who is getting 2 or more, for example. While implants can be a significant investment, their durability usually helps patients save money in the long run. Traditional bridges and dentures typically need to be replaced every 5-7 years, while implants can often last for well over 3 decades, meaning a patient will save thousands on periodic maintenance.